Forum Discussion

ClariceDennison
Qrew Trainee
3 years ago

Update Default Record Picker in Report

Hi!

A relationship has been built between two tables: Resource Assignments and Ongoing Activities.

The Ongoing Activities table houses a list of the Ongoing Activities that is used in the Resource Assignment form. 

In the Resource Assignment form, the Ongoing Activities drop-down list displays the active Ongoing Activity choices.

However, in a report that was built (Resource Grid Edit) in the Resource Assignment table, the Ongoing Activity column/drop-down list is showing both the active and retired Ongoing Activity choices. Is there a way to only show the active choices?

Note:
  • We chose to retire the ones we didn't need anymore as they were attached to previous Resource Assignment forms.
  • I went into the Advanced Settings, and "Resource Name" is the default record picker, which if at all possible we would like to keep as is.

Thank you!!

------------------------------
Clarice Dennison

8 Replies

• Is your question this?

"I know how to filter a drop down list on a form but how do I filter the drop-down list when I'm in grid edit mode?"

Mark Shnier (YQC)
    mark.shnier@gmail.com
      ClariceDennison
      Qrew Trainee
      Possibly? Maybe I'm using different terminology. In the screen shot below, the drop down lists are different. I'm trying to figure out how to make them the same, and filter out the retired entries in the grid edit report drop down. Thanks!!

Clarice Dennison
        MarkShnier__You
        Icon for Qrew Legend rankQrew Legend
        You will need to make a dummy form called, I suggest, "Grid Edit".  Set the fields on the form to be in the same sequence as your grid edit report.  Set the drop down for the "form" to use the same filtered drop down list as your main form has.

Then go to Forms Usage under the Forms menu, and set that report you are using to use the form called Grid Edit, for Grid Edit.

Mark Shnier (YQC)
        mark.shnier@gmail.com