Forum Discussion

TinaMak
Qrew Trainee
6 years ago

Update one table, and automatically update another simultaneously

I have a table called "claims" (with cost) and the other "customer view" exact copy just without cost. I want to update the claims table, and for the information to go into the customer view automatically (minus cost) so that I am not doing double work. How can I make this happen? 

4 Replies

TinaMak
      Qrew Trainee
      I am not sure if using a role would work in this situation. I don't want my customer to have access to anything, I just want to be able to send them a report of their claims without my cost being visible to them. 
      I was thinking I would have to set up some sort of relationship between the tables. _ would that work? 
      QuickBaseCoachD
      Qrew Captain
      no problem to have one table and save yourself all that hassle.  Let's keep it KISS,

Just make a new from called Customer Form. Take the easy way and duplicate your form, and rename it. Then acquire a machete and hack away at anything that the customer should not see.

As soon as you have multiple forms, QuickBase needs to know which form to use in which situation.   So there will then be a forms usage section and you can associate a form with a report.  So when you view or print records using that Customer Form report, it will use the Customer form.

Note also that when you go to print a report, you can choose to either print the usual list format or else print the records on one page per record and you will get to choose which form to use.
      TinaMak
      Qrew Trainee
      Awesome! I will try this out! TY