Forum Discussion

QuickbaseKinnec
Qrew Member
11 months ago

User List field based on multi-select values

Discussions

Hi QB Community! I'm looking for some help with a formula.

I'm building an employee onboarding workflow in Quickbase. There are multiple programs that will use the app and each program has its own Tasks records and its own Team Members (team members are QB users). Team Members are assigned to a Program and to a Role. Each Task is also assigned to a Program and a Role and that's how a person (QB user) is tied to a task. An example of a role is "Hiring Manager" or "Program Trainer".

In the Tasks table, there is a multi-select field called 'Send Notification To' and the values are the different roles. When a task is completed, the users assigned to the roles selected should receive a notification. I'm trying to creating a user-list field that I can use in the notification that will display only the users that align with the selections in the 'Send Notification To' field.

This is the formula that I've created but it only displays the user from the first selection.

ToUserList(If(Contains([Send Notification To], "HR Coordinator"), [Program HR Coordinator],
Contains([Send Notification To], "IT"), [Program IT],
Contains([Send Notification To], "Program Director"), [Program Director],
Contains([Send Notification To], "Office Coordinator"), [Program Office Coordinator],
Contains([Send Notification To], "Operations Manager"), [Program Operations Manager],
Contains([Send Notification To], "Program Coordinator"), [Program Coordinator],
Contains([Send Notification To], "Project Manager"), [Program Project Manager],
Contains([Send Notification To], "Jetpack Group"), [Program Jetpack Group],
Contains([Send Notification To], "Program Benefits Coordinator"), [Program Benefits Coordinator],
Contains([Send Notification To], "Program Executive Director"), [Program Executive Director]))

1 Reply

• I think this is a case where you do need more IF's.

ToUserList(

If(Contains([Send Notification To], "HR Coordinator"), [Program HR Coordinator]),
    IF(Contains([Send Notification To], "IT"), [Program IT]),
    IF(Contains([Send Notification To], "Program Director"), [Program Director]),
    IF(Contains([Send Notification To], "Office Coordinator"), [Program Office Coordinator]),
    IF(Contains([Send Notification To], "Operations Manager"), [Program Operations Manager]),
    IF(Contains([Send Notification To], "Program Coordinator"), [Program Coordinator]),
    IF(Contains([Send Notification To], "Project Manager"), [Program Project Manager]),
    IF(Contains([Send Notification To], "Jetpack Group"), [Program Jetpack Group]),
    IF(Contains([Send Notification To], "Program Benefits Coordinator"), [Program Benefits Coordinator]),
    IF(Contains([Send Notification To], "Program Executive Director"), [Program Executive Director]))

------------------------------
    Mark Shnier (Your Quickbase Coach)
    mark.shnier@gmail.com
    ------------------------------