Forum Discussion

NathanAllan4
Qrew Cadet
6 years ago

Using Automation to autofill predecessor field with previously created task from automation

I have an automation trigger that when a new project is created, it automatically creates our 19 default tasks related to that job. What I would also like it to do is to autofill the predecessor field for all the tasks except the first one with the record id from the previously created task. But can't seem to figure it out. Any help would be much appreciated!

3 Replies

• Surprised this hasn't been answered. It should be a quick fix, but depends on how you have your app structured, Ie, where you have your default tasks housed, and how you're handling dependencies.

If this is still unresolved, feel free to contact me directly

Shawn M. Renn, Jr.

Certified Quick Base Platform Developer / Sales Engineer

440-201-6050 Ext. 307

srenn@mcftech.com
  • If I'm correct in understanding your situation, you may need more than one automation. One to trigger when a new project is created then another to trigger when a new task is created.
  • If I recall correctly, there's been an update to automations that allow you to create new records, and populate fields with values from the trigger Record. I think that's what you're asking for.