Forum Discussion

DomDom
Qrew Trainee
7 years ago

Viewing word doc/pdf in a record

I want to attach a document into a record/records and want this document to display within the record rather than having to download it. Embed it within the record shall we say.

I have a feeling its scripting but have no idea what to start with.

Any thoughts?

2 Replies

• Hi Dom,

You are correct that currently we do not have a native functionality that allows for DOC/PDF documents to be viewed in a record. Files of that type have to be downloaded to the users computer and opened with a tool that supports those file formats. I would encourage you though to include that feedback in our User Voice as a business need for your company. UserVoice is our Feedback Platform- which can most easily be accessed from the My Apps page in Quick Base by clicking on the orange Feedback tab that appears on the left hand side of the page or at http://quickbase.uservoice.com .  This forum is used by our development team to explore customer suggestions for enhancements / changes to the platform. 

Alternatively, if you are looking to connect with a Partner or developer in order to explore what other custom options might be available to you I would recommend looking at our Quick Base Partner's page which can be found Here. It provides listing for our Partners including specialities, contact information, and locations. Thank you for using Quick Base and for your time today. 
    CarlosCarlos
    Qrew Assistant Captain
    There used to be some code that enabled you to do this with Google Docs viewer, however the iframe stopped working in Formula-Text fields, and this is no longer an option.
    ... unless someone has cracked that code