Forum Discussion

JimHarrison
Qrew Champion
3 years ago

Weather Check New Style reports are laggy, anyone?

Hi,

We are seeing the New Style reports are laggy for the past week or something like that. I submitted a ticket to QB Support and their response was "it's working fine here". So now I am investigating if it is local to our network or more widespread. Hence my outreach to the community.

Factors:
We use Okta SSO and IDM groups to provision users.
We are really far from the QB server closet in Boston. (kidding)

Here are the symptoms we are experiencing:
When a report loads that has a 3-4 function filter defined, we noticed a 1 second pause where the page is blank below the header and then the report loads. The load time is consistent every time.

From a User perspective, if one is trying to update data and transitioning between view and grid edit the process is not fluid.
Since the filters are only available in view, to actually update records using grid edit Users must transition back and forth between view and Grid Edit. Every time the transition takes place there is a pause. It is a death of a thousand cuts. Hence Users are asking to turn off New Style reports by default. yada yada. messenger yada.

Jim Harrison
Portland, OR

------------------------------
Jim Harrison
transparency = knowledge + understanding : The Scrum Dudes

9 Replies

• New Reports are very slow for me, particularly when trying to scroll. But in most areas they lag. I still have mine switched to the old view, and am scared that they are going to remove the toggle.

Mike Tamoush
  • I am having this issue with the new style as well.

Tyler Jablonski
      JimHarrison
      Qrew Champion
      Hi Tyler,

What State or region are you located?

Thanks,
      Jim Harrison
      Portland, OR

Jim Harrison
      transparency = knowledge + understanding : The Scrum Dudes
        MichaelTamoush
        Qrew Captain
        If it helps, I am also in Portland Oregon!

Mike Tamoush
    AustinK
    Qrew Commander
    I had to quit using them because they literally freeze my browser now. Anything with data where I need to scroll down it usually happens on and gets really choppy and then just freezes. The only solution is to close that tab as it is dead then.

Is anyone else experiencing that too? I didn't mind using the new reports that much before but now that they break my browser it ha become an issue.
      MarkShnier__You
      Icon for Qrew Legend rankQrew Legend
      The next release which is due out in a couple of weeks references a bug fix for a problem that sound similar to yours. I don't have the link to the release notes handy as I am on my bicycle right now

Mark Shnier (YQC)
      Quick Base Solution Provider
      Your Quick Base Coach
      http://QuickBaseCoach.com
      mark.shnier@gmail.com
        AustinK
        Qrew Commander
        I think I see the part you mean and it sounds like it may be the issue. "Some users experienced extremely long load times for incremental sets of records when they scrolled." If you get a long enough load time it could possibly freeze that tab.

There are a ton of new style report updates here too which is nice to see.

https://help.quickbase.com/release-notes/august-2021-release-notes.html-------------------------------------------
        Original Message:
        Sent: 08-11-2021 08:57
        Subject: Weather Check New Style reports are laggy, anyone?

The next release which is due out in a couple of weeks references a bug fix for a problem that sound similar to yours. I don't have the link to the release notes handy as I am on my bicycle right now

Mark Shnier (YQC)
        Quick Base Solution Provider
        Your Quick Base Coach
        http://QuickBaseCoach.com
        mark.shnier@gmail.com