Forum Discussion

SherryBlackbur1
Qrew Trainee
3 years ago

Weird Glitch with Form Rule to show/hide tab(s) within a section....

Has anyone else experienced this? And, if so, did you/how did you fix it?

Scenario:
  • Three tabs within a section in a form.
  • Three rules to show/hide the tabs based on a selection in "type of request".
Problem:
  • First two tabs show/hide tabs (and the fields in the tab) correctly with no issues.
  • Third tab shows the tab, but doesn't show the fields within the tab until I click on the tab.
Troubleshooting I've done so far...
  • If I swap the third tab/fields in the form element order, it will display correctly. I re-arranged the form elements and it is always the third tab/rule that has the issue. 
  • I tried adding the fields into the rule, so show tab, show field, show field, show field..., but that didn't change anything.
I am stumped. Thanks in advance for any suggestions/help.

------------------------------
Sherry Blackburn

6 Replies

• The contents of a Tab never show until you click on the Tab. The exception is the first Tab on the form which will default to be "clicked open" when the record is first viewed or edited.

That is normal behavior.

Mark Shnier (YQC)
    mark.shnier@gmail.com
      SherryBlackbur1
      Qrew Trainee
      That's what I thought too. But, then why are both tab 1 and tab 2 displaying the fields, but tab 3 requires clicking?

Sherry Blackburn
        LauraThacker
        Qrew Captain
        This is a glitch that Quickbase are "aware" of since March... but have not fixed yet.   I submitted this and this is the response Quickbase have given me:
        "I've gone ahead and tied this case to the current escalation/Bug ID:QBE012001. An escalation is how we track problems and bugs that are being worked on. You will be notified automatically once we have an update on the status of this escalation or when a fix is released."

Laura Thacker (IDS)
        laura@intelligentdbs.com
        (626) 771 0454