Forum Discussion

INTERFACESQL
Qrew Trainee
6 years ago

What happens to records in a connected table if the source is not there when the table is refreshed?

I am using a Google Drive csv file as source data for my connected table. 
Obviously, the source data and the connected table share the same key field.

In addition to the connected fields there are also unconnected fields in the table with data written by users, either in a form or grid edit report. What would happen to the data in unconnected fields if the source data failed on a refresh? If the source data was restored and the table refreshed would the data in unconnected fields be lost?

Thanks,
Darla

2 Replies

• Hi Darla,

If you are using Keep Everything it is true that the records will be maintained. If you have your Sync table set to Match Exactly from the source then if a Sync does run and there is issues with the source or no file is in the folder you are syncing too it can cause synced records to be deleted. That can also then cause the unconnected fields to be cleared out since the entire record gets deleted. If you are using Match Exactly and are concerned about data being lost in unconnected fields in the past I have put my unconnected fields in a child table instead so that they won't be lost just disconnected till the data is synced back in. I hope that information is helpful.
  • Quick Base will process a maximum of 10 files in a single refresh. After each file is read, Quick Base moves it to the Done folder. (Files in the Done folder have a timestamp appended to the filename). New records are added to your connected Quick Base table, and records with matching refresh keys are updated. No existing records are removed from the Quick Base table even if they are not in the connected files.

Source: https://help.quickbase.com/user-assistance/Connecting_to_a_folder_of_csv_files.html