Forum Discussion

ChrisBaker2
Qrew Member
2 years ago

When using the Quickbase JSON API is there a way to add a new created relationship field to the form similar to when creating a normal field?

I need to add ~500 fields using the API and when creating a regular field you can add them to the form in the order they are created with a boolean in the JSON body, however about half of these fields are relational and I cannot figure how to add them in form as the JSON for relationships does not have this field.

If it is not possible to add the field when creating the relationship can you update a field or a current relationship and connect fields to them that are already exist in the form?

------------------------------
Chris Baker

8 Replies

• Have you already created the fields and you just want to get them onto a form? Or do you want to create the fields and add them to the form automatically? Also, are they lookup fields or summary fields?

gary
      ChrisBaker2
      Qrew Member

I want to both create the fields and add them to the form in one post request. All of these fields are reference fields, so there has to be a dropdown menu that lets you pick the parent record.

Chris Baker

Gary1
        Qrew Cadet

I don't think this is possible with the JSON API. The creation of lookup fields is vastly simplified, but at the cost of full field customization.

That said, this is possible using the good ol' XML API (or URL alternative). If you're interested, let me know and I'll pass along the details.

gary