Forum Discussion

BobThomas1
Qrew Cadet
12 months ago

Why Can't I get Notification email?

I have been working on email notification on a Feedback post. I then setup my email address to the three notifications for AHL App. The two subscription notifications I receive. However, when I put my email address in for the notificaition for new and changed threads on the Feedback table, I get the Notificaiton Error, that I'm not verified?

On the user list I am an Administer and also registered.

------------------------------
Bob T.

2 Replies

• Typically this error happens when you set up a Notification with Type Open, and the realm has been set up by support (by default) not to allow sending notifications to external non-user recipients. Does the email address you were sending to correspond to a user with permissions in the app?  Is this a Recipient Notification, or Open?

Mark Shnier (Your Quickbase Coach)
    mark.shnier@gmail.com

BobThomas1
      Qrew Cadet

Mark, It is my email address, which is able to get the subscription notices. I got the daily one this morning. Now on another company app, The Feedback App, I am able to get notifications. The AHL Encounters App Feedback email, I can't get a notification. So that is puzzling. But I'm going to test this out by filling out some test Feedbacks. 

In both apps I have Administrator user role and also am registered. 

I do have a Gmail email address, instead of a company one. But if this was the cause, then both notifications should have given me the same error. Weird because from the Feedback App I am able to send a test Feedback Ticket and I get email alerts. My thinking is this, that in my company's AHL Encounters App, the reason I'm not able to register my email address, is because the table name in Encounters is called Feedback. I believe the Feedback table used to be in the App, but was removed as we made a separate App just for Feedback. Thus I'm trying to register for an email from a table in the Encounters AHL app that no longer has that table.

Bob T.