Forum Discussion

AngelRodriguez
Qrew Assistant Captain
2 years ago
Solved

Writing conditional logic on Pipelines trigger on new event step

I'm a little puzzled with Pipelines' On New Event trigger.  I see that there is a trigger option for On Add Record, On Modify Record and On Delete Record.  They can all be set to trigger on the same On New Event step.  

What I don't get here is how do I follow up on each event in the step that follows this initial trigger?  What I mean is, how do I differentiate whether I'm going to Create Record next, if the initial trigger is On Add Record.  Or how do I write a step to follow thereafter to Delete Record if the trigger is On Delete Record?  Lastly, how would I write an Update Record step if the initial trigger is On Modify Record?

I don't see that there's a step by step way to identify what happened in the first trigger and tell the Pipeline to follow up and either Create, Update or Delete Record.  It doesn't make sense to me why this option is grouped into the trigger for all three triggers when it seems like you can only use one trigger for the entire Pipeline.  That or I'm missing something that's key here.  Otherwise, I would just need to write three separate Pipelines to handle each separate trigger based on Add, Modify or Delete.

------------------------------
AR
    MarkShnier__You
    2 years ago
    Yes, if there were three different sets of steps for Add vs Modify vs Delete the there would be three different Pipelines.

Mark Shnier (YQC)
    mark.shnier@gmail.com

3 Replies

• The On Event is meant to be used when the same steps are triggered when the Event happens.  if Delete should cause different steps, then that should be a separate pipeline.

Mark Shnier (YQC)
    mark.shnier@gmail.com
      AngelRodriguez
      Qrew Assistant Captain
      So it's meant to be used for one step only? If another step like On Modify Record is triggered, that should have a separate Pipeline? Thanks!

AR
        MarkShnier__You
        Qrew Champion
        Yes, if there were three different sets of steps for Add vs Modify vs Delete the there would be three different Pipelines.

Mark Shnier (YQC)
        mark.shnier@gmail.com