Forum Discussion

KingslySamuel1
Qrew Assistant Captain
7 years ago

Adding 3 html formula-involved texts fields (number of days)

I have 3 different text (html formula involved) fields that shows a calculated number of days a project sit on a certain stage. Now, I want to create a 4th field to show the total number of days a project sat by adding 3 fields/stages. Any input on how to do that?

8 Replies

• So can you elaborate more ,   I understand  like

There are three formula text fields which gives the number of days as output like

[Formula 1] = 12 

[Formula 2] = 10 

[Formula 3] = 14 

On 4th field which is [Formula 4] , you need to add the 12+10+14 and show the sum as 36 in the last field . 

Is this is what you are asking !!!
    KingslySamuel1
    Qrew Assistant Captain
    Yes, exactly John. I want the 4th field to say "36" as the answer going by your example.
  • If the 4th field is a Numeric Field:
    toNumber([Formula 1] )+toNumber([Formula 2] )+toNumber([Formula 3] )

If the 4th field is a Text Field:
    toText(toNumber([Formula 1] )+toNumber([Formula 2] )+toNumber([Formula 3] ))

Regards
    KingslySamuel1
    Qrew Assistant Captain
    Thanks Aiden. It is working on cases where there is a value on all 3 fields. If one of them is yet to come to pass (e.g., two stages are crossed with a delay and the third stage is yet to start), the 4th field (with the above formula) is not showing any result. Can it be fixed, even if the one of the 3 stages has "null/no/0" for a value? Sometimes, we do have cases where we skip a stage and move the project right into the next one, where, only 2 stages have applicable delays and the third one might not. Thanks for your help.
      AmmarAl-Hadeeth
      Qrew Member
      Please try below and let me know:
      totext(
      if ( [Formula 1] =  null or [Formula 1] = ""  , 0 , toNumber([Formula 1] )+if ( [Formula 2] =  null or [Formula 2] = ""  , 0 , toNumber([Formula 2] )+if ( [Formula 3] =  null or [Formula 3] = ""  , 0 , toNumber([Formula 3] )
      )
      KingslySamuel1
      Qrew Assistant Captain
      What i meant by "null/no value/0" is that it is 'empty' - it did not have any text or number in those fields. Sorry, for the inconvenience caused.