Forum Discussion

Re: Using different forms for ""Editable"" reports

@Christine,
Have you tried making a form which DOES have a drop down list with the filers you want, and then specifying that from to be used for Grid Edit on some or all reports?

It is not an obvious thing, but you can create a dummy form which is just really a field list in sequence, and when you use that form for grid edit, then means that the report columns and the filters for drop downs would be taken from that dummy form.  The form layout is ignored, its just a list of fields really and what report gets used for dropdowns.

3 Replies

ArchiveUser
    Qrew Captain
    Hi Mark, thanks - yeah, the problem with that is then it sets that dummy list of fields for all grid edit reports unless you override it by making an embedded table or grid edit report "editable" on the form...but once you do that, you can't control what report is used to display the drop down fields' options.  
    ArchiveUser
    Qrew Captain
    Though I just realized you said "specifying that form to be used for Grid Edit on some or all reports" - I'm trying to figure out how you would do that for only specific reports and not all of them.  See attached picture - it appears to me there that you can only set grid edit behavior to be associated with one form.  
    QuickBaseCoachD
    Qrew Captain
    You can set which form is used by report, right?

"Override role settings by report