Forum Discussion

AndrewFry
Qrew Assistant Captain
5 years ago

Re: Embedded reports: not showing correctly

I just tested it and yes, the correct reports are not showing in the different modes (add, edit, & view).

However, in add and edit, now I cannot input data into the Assignment fields.

The Assignment reports are embedded in the Jobs form.

There are certain Assignment fields in Edit mode (while in the job form) that I don't need in Add or View mode (while in the job form), and there are certain fields in View mode (while in the job form) that I don't need in Edit or Add mode (while in the job form), and the same goes with while in Add mode not showing in Edit or View mode.

For every solution I find, there always seems to be 2 additional issues that emerge!! hahahaha lol

Any thoughts?

------------------------------
Andrew
andrew.fry25@gmail.com

9 Replies

MarkShnier__You
    Icon for Qrew Legend rankQrew Legend
    OK, so you meant
    I just tested it and yes, the correct reports are now showing in the different modes (add, edit, & view).

That was a good clue, that this is only a Grid edit problem.

Can you check if you have Multiple forms, and if so, in Forms Usage, you have globally for all Roles or for some Roles to set a certain form to be used for Grid Edit?   Or less likely but possible, to have done an override for the reports you are using to force a certain from for Grid Edit? 

When you do that it performs as advertised, it will use that form as the definition of the fields to show in Grid Edit.

Mark Shnier (YQC)
    Quick Base Solution Provider
    Your Quick Base Coach
    http://QuickBaseCoach.com
    mark.shnier@gmail.com
      AndrewFry
      Qrew Assistant Captain
      I am going to have to try and figure out where those options are at. I vaguely seem to remember seeing them and possibly doing something with them while trying to solve a different issue a number of months ago.

Thanks for the input!

Andrew
      andrew.fry25@gmail.com
        MarkShnier__You
        When  you go to Manage your forms, it will be under forms usage, assuming that you have more than 1 form.

Mark Shnier (YQC)
        Your Quick Base Coach
        mark.shnier@gmail.com
      AndrewFry
      Qrew Assistant Captain
      In the Jobs table --> Settings --> Forms, there is only one form: Jobs Main Form.
      In the Assignments table --> Settings --> Forms, there are 2 forms: Assignments Main Form, and Assignments Main Form copy.
      I have no idea when or how the copy was made.

Where/how can I check the other points you mentioned:

1. Forms Usage, you have globally for all Roles or for some Roles to set a certain form to be used for Grid Edit?
      2.  have done an override for the reports you are using to force a certain from for Grid Edit?

Andrew
      andrew.fry25@gmail.com
        MarkShnier__You
        On the Assignments table 
        Settings
        Forms
        .. and then there should be an arrow to open up Forms Usage.  Check if you have forced a form to be used for Grid Edit.

Mark Shnier (YQC)
        Your Quick Base Coach
        mark.shnier@gmail.com
    AndrewFry
    Qrew Assistant Captain
    Ok, so I think that what is basically happening is that when Editable is selected, it is literally taking the Assignments Form and embedding it into the Jobs form, even though I have indicated that for that field, use a different report, associated to the Assignments table.

I think the issue is that I am trying to input data into a report, when really it needs to be input into a form.

If I were to edit the actual Assignment's form, and select the corresponding fields that need to be in edit, add, view, or a combination of the three, would those settings translate over to the embedded assignments form (report) in the Jobs form?????

P.S. Mark, I didn't see your 2nd response before I posted the above.

Yes, it was now showing the correct reports, but now un-editable.

I will test your other suggestions now. Thanks for the help (as always)!
    Andrew
    andrew.fry25@gmail.com