Forum Discussion

KellyLyons1
Qrew Trainee
3 years ago

Help creating a button to do 2 or more actions

Hi!

I need a button to create an "authorization" from an existing form to a new authorization form\.  I have both forms built so only the necessary info is displayed.

I would also like to have the status field changed (1st form) automatically when I use the button to create the authorization, and display the record to print or even email.

Am I crazy or is this doable thru a URL formula?

Any help is awesome!!

Kelly

------------------------------
Kelly Lyons

3 Replies

• Are you saying that you want to push a button which will edit the record  to update some Approval fields and then re-display the record on another form or perhaps even pop up a print record screen on but on an alternate form? All in one click?  Is that the question?

Mark Shnier (YQC)
    mark.shnier@gmail.com
      KellyLyons1
      Qrew Trainee
      Hi!

Yes, I guess it is one question.  I need top change a status field to "authorized" or "authorized and scheduled".  When I make the change, I would like to be able to use an action button that will "create authorization" using another form.  Then if possible email it.

Does this make better sense?

Kelly Lyons
        MarkShnier__You
        Icon for Qrew Legend rankQrew Legend
        I am still not quite clear what do you want the button to do. Can you list the specific steps that you expect the button to do. I don't know what do you mean by  "Create Authorization using another form".  Do you mean to create a new record in QuickBase?  Also when we make these buttons we have to know where are we landing the user after the button completes its actions.

Mark Shnier (YQC)
        mark.shnier@gmail.com