Forum Discussion

AustinK
Qrew Commander
5 years ago

Re: Empower is dead

This will be the second Empower I could have gone to but I didn't plan on attending. With it being available in the recorded sessions after the fact it never made much sense for me to go. I know you do likely get more out of being there in person but the videos have been perfectly fine for me so far.

I am happy that this year I will actually get to see it live and possibly get more from it rather than just hoping some of the recorded events are valuable to me. It should be interesting to watch how it ends up working on their end. This might be a time for them to really show people that don't go to Empower why they might want to go physically next time since they will see the whole show this year. Either that or it will prove streaming it is the way to go.

5 Replies

MarkShnier__You
    Icon for Qrew Legend rankQrew Legend
    But it is so hard to get swag over a video conference call. I was just thinking I need some new socks.

------------------------------
    Mark Shnier (YQC)
    Quick Base Solution Provider
    Your Quick Base Coach
    http://QuickBaseCoach.com
    mark.shnier@gmail.com
      EvanMartinez
      Qrew Elite
      Totally something we are thinking about Mark and it is a good push for us to get clever and make sure people can rep their QB socks and swag

Evan Martinez
      Community Marketing Manager
      Quick Base
      AustinK
      Qrew Commander
      That is the one thing I am jealous of. I never do get the nice shirts others bring back to the office.

All I currently have is a Quick Base branded purple pen and a little notebook. I think I got a sticker too.
        DonLarson
        Qrew Commander
        The value of virtual will not be zero but live is an order of magnitude better.   It is the pieces that happen immediately after a session or in the hallway.   I always have another question or a very specific business case that the presenter had never considered.    The answers to those is well worth the cost of attending.

The SWAG is not bad, but the one on one conversations are golden.

Don Larson
        Paasporter
        Westlake OH