Forum Discussion

AustinK
Qrew Commander
3 years ago

Re: Pipelines and Sandboxes

The best way to do this, imo, is to not use the sandbox feature. Sandbox is nice for many things but it has some big limitations like this. Create a copy of your app and test on that and then when you are sure it is working as intended change the app the Pipeline is sending information to to the production version. This is how we have been doing it because of the issues you mentioned.

3 Replies

JeremyAnson
    Qrew Cadet
    Thanks Austin. This is the approach we've decided on for now and it's good to see that others have reached the same conclusion.

------------------------------
    Jeremy Anson
    BibhavRimal
    Qrew Trainee

Anything I should take into consideration before creating the copy of an app? Do all the automations get copied when I create the copy of an app or do I have to recreate all of them?

Bibhav Rimal
      MarkShnier__You
      Icon for Qrew Legend rankQrew Legend

Pipelines do not copy.

Automations do not copy.

Saved table to table imports do not copy properly because the source table will be from the old app. 

Your URL formula buttons will work if you have properly constructed them, but if you constructed any URL formula buttons where the table references hardcoded, then it will fail because it will refer to the old app.

Mark Shnier (Your Quickbase Coach)
      mark.shnier@gmail.com