Forum Discussion

KyleMcAfee
Qrew Trainee
3 years ago

Back up Help

I am trying to backup an app and I keep getting "File to Large" when trying to download.  The table is 4,500 lines long and I have removed all the fiends not needed but still getting file to large.  Any idea what I am doing wrong?

------------------------------
Kyle McAfee

5 Replies

AustinK
    Qrew Commander
    Your attachment does not work for me so I cannot see what you are trying to share. Can you walk us through how you are trying to back this up? Are you using the copy app function? Something else? Just a single table or a full app?
  • You would do better to use the QuNect ODBC connector and the Backup tool to data-dump tables of data to Excel.
    Quickbase can only handle a certain size of report to export to Excel and you've clearly reached its limits.
    There's a 30 day trial on the Qunect.com ODBC tool; but it's well worth the cost because you can do so much more with it.

Laura Thacker IDS
      KyleMcAfee
      Qrew Trainee
      Thank you.  I will check it out.

Best regards,
      Kyle McAfee
      Operations Manager

Mobile 973-229-9099

Supor Heavy Haul, LLC
      12600 Deerfield Parkway
      Alpharetta, GA 30009

SamW
    Qrew Cadet
    Perhaps of interest: I just created a free python library to interact with the API. It's very rudimentary right now, but the one fully functioning thing is the ability to backup Quickbase databases to local JSON files. https://pypi.org/project/my-quickbase/