Discussions

View Only
  • 1.  Hover of text field to show entire field?

Posted 05-17-2021 16:52
    Is it possible to create a formula field that shows a certain numbers of characters, and past that if you hover with your mouse it will show the entire field? I found this community post, but it seems to me that it doesn't hover, but rather just link to a new form (which I suppose I could do, and have the new form in a popup window with the entire text, but I am really looking for a simple hover).

https://community.quickbase.com/communities/community-home/digestviewer/viewthread?GroupId=103&MessageKey=303f418a-abf9-4ff3-b584-d4c9446973ef&CommunityKey=d860b0f8-6a48-487b-b346-44c47a19a804&tab=digestviewer

Am I utilizing the formula in the post incorrectly, or is there an alternate approach?

------------------------------
    Mike Tamoush

• 2.  RE: Hover of text field to show entire field?

Posted 05-18-2021 09:31
    This works for me:
    If(Length([Notes])<100,[Notes],Left([Notes],100)&"<br><a href='"&URLRoot()&"db/"&Dbid()&"?a=dr&rid="&[Employee ID#]&"&dfid=2' title ='" & [Notes]  &
    "'>more</a>")​

Hover over the link and wait a second and you get the preview (it disappears if you try to do a screenshot so I took a picture of it):

Adam Keever

• 3.  RE: Hover of text field to show entire field?

Posted 06-07-2021 12:08
    Thanks, this is a great trick!

By the way, if you are on Windows and open the snipping tool, then press the Windows Key, Alt, and 's', it should allow you to snip while hovering.

Mike Tamoush