Discussions

View Only
  • 1.  Join Existing Data

Posted 10-31-2019 03:21
    Hi All,

I have 2 tables: Employee Table and Vendor Table. Employee table consists of Employee Name field and Vendor Table consists of Vendor Name field.

There is Payment table consists of  Pay to field. 

The idea is: Pay to field is text multiple-choice field, containing list of Employee Name field and Vendor Name field. I also can create new choice with this field, if "Pay to" person or vendor not listed there, but I don't want to add this newly created choice to employee name field or vendor name field.

Is there any solution to achieve this rather than manually input again employee name list and vendor name list as multiple-choice list of Pay to field?

Many thanks

------------------------------
    Syaeful Bahri

• 2.  RE: Join Existing Data
    Best Answer

Posted 11-08-2019 09:29

I think the easiest way to accomplish this would be to create relationships between the tables and use form rules to have the user choose if they are paying a vendor or an employee.

1. Create a pay to field that has a choice of employee or vendor.
    2. Create a relationship between Payments and Employees with Payments as the parent
    3. Create a relationship between Payments and Vendors with Payments as the parent
    4. On the Payments table set a form rule to show:

The other option is to create a payees table and then create a relationship to the employees, vendors, and payments tables and then create an automation to add a record to the payee table each time a vendor or employee is created.

Debbie Smith
    Certification Program Developer
    Quick Base
    Plymouth MA

• 3.  RE: Join Existing Data

Posted 11-11-2019 21:43
    Hi Debbie,

Thank you for your response. I will give it a try

Kind regards