Discussions

View Only
  • 1.  Save function Improvement

Posted 10-24-2019 14:40

Hi all - Currently I have a formula URL that creates a child record and then it will save & next the record. 

Currently, it is slowing down the end user because the button is adding an activity following a phone call so typically the user will be in edit mode (not a problem) and will edit the fields one way or another ( update contact information for example ) and then they will press the button labeled "Spoke Live," which runs the formula URL mentioned in line 1. When they press this button, a pop up shows up asking them to save the record because changes were made to the record (Lead). <--- this is the problem 

Here is the code for the URL: 

var Text SpokeLive=URLRoot() & "db/" & [_DBID_XXX] & "?a=API_AddRecord&apptoken=XXXXXXXXX&_fid_10=" & URLEncode ([Record ID#])
    & "&_fid_17=Spoke Live";

"javascript:{"&
    "$.get('"& $SpokeLive &"');"&
    "javascript:DoSaveAndNext();"&

"}"

What do I need to change so when the user clicks on the button, it will save all the changes that user made while in edit mode, run the voicemail variable, and then goes to the next record in their report. 

FYI - The code works fine. I want to bypass the pop up window that asks the user to save the changes. 

Thank you. 

• 2.  RE: Save function Improvement

Posted 10-24-2019 15:27
    Have you checked the box on the Parent Record table in Advanced Settings called

Learn more

------------------------------
    Mark Shnier (YQC)
    Quick Base Solution Provider
    Your Quick Base Coach
    http://QuickBaseCoach.com
    markshnier2@gmail.com

• 3.  RE: Save function Improvement

Posted 10-24-2019 16:14
    Wow...wish I figured this out months ago. Thank you - works like a charm!

Alex Knox

• 4.  RE: Save function Improvement

Posted 10-24-2019 16:27
    The main purpose of that is not for fancy formulas but the normal workflow where a regular user is just wanting to enter data for a parent record and they would expect to be able to Add Child without that "silly" pop up.  User don't need to understand that the Parent needs to be saved before you can add a child, they just assume that's he way it will work.   

It would be nice if for at least new apps, that checkbox defaulted to checked, since as Developers we always need to remember to check that box on any parent table.

Mark Shnier (YQC)
    Quick Base Solution Provider
    Your Quick Base Coach
    http://QuickBaseCoach.com
    markshnier2@gmail.com