Discussions

View Only
  • 1.  Issue with the new Sandbox publishing feature

Posted 01-23-2020 13:39
    I created some basic changes (renaming fields, adding a few fields and readjusting fields in a form) on Sandbox App and published it after verification. However, the form got messed up in the LIVE app. In addition, I have lost the button which allows customize form. The data fields added and modified seem alright. What did I do wrong? Any suggestion to get back the customize option?

------------------------------
    NK23 NK23

• 2.  RE: Issue with the new Sandbox publishing feature

Posted 01-23-2020 14:18
    Edited by Austin K 01-23-2020 14:18
    What do you mean by your form got messed up? What exactly happened?

After deploying the sandbox you must also disable the sandbox feature, if you want the app to behave as if it was not ready to be sandboxed. As in if you want to make changes in production. It is under App Properties > Advanced Settings > Sandbox "Enable change management through a dedicated sandbox". Uncheck that box.

I think they expect people that have the Sandbox feature enabled to make every single change through the sandbox every single time. Which is definitely not the way I personally work with them so is not ideal.

• 3.  RE: Issue with the new Sandbox publishing feature

Posted 01-23-2020 14:58
    Thank you for your suggestion, I got back the "customize form" button after disabling Sandbox.

However, whatever the changes I have made to the form (re-positioning fields, adding dynamic from rules, etc) in the Sandbox did not get transferred to the LIVE App.

NK23 NK23

• 4.  RE: Issue with the new Sandbox publishing feature

Posted 01-23-2020 16:43
    When you deployed the sandbox did it list the changes you mentioned? It should tell you what is going to be affected but the list isn't 100% accurate yet from what I have seen.

No errors or anything?

• 5.  RE: Issue with the new Sandbox publishing feature

Posted 01-23-2020 17:15
    It did list all the changes and everything looked fine. However, after the changes were applied, the form layout was incorrect. Many of the new fields ended up at the very bottom of the form,  line breaks between modified fields were missing, etc. Untouched fields remained as in the original form. It was a large app with 800+ fields in the table that was modified and the App has a total of 25 tables.

NK23 NK23

• 6.  RE: Issue with the new Sandbox publishing feature

Posted 01-24-2020 09:36
    I think you should probably open a support case up for this. It sounds like you did it correctly and got bad results anyway. They should hopefully be able to take a deeper look and see exactly what went wrong and fix the bug for the future, but I'm not sure they can do anything for the current situation.

• 7.  RE: Issue with the new Sandbox publishing feature

Posted 01-24-2020 09:58
    Hi NK,

I would definitely agree with Austin if you followed the process for Sandbox and changes were not correctly carried over I would suggest reaching out to the care team via a case. You can create a case by clicking on 'Support' were it appears in the upper right side of the screen here in Community or while in Quick Base by clicking on the question mark (?) icon that appears in the right corner of the page and selecting 'Manage Support Case' then if you can let them know the steps you went though and the issues you were having they can help you dig into what is going on. Especially if you are having the same results when trying to use the sandbox again.

Evan Martinez
    Community Marketing Manager
    Quick Base