Discussions

View Only
Expand all | Collapse all

Submit & Redirect to Thank you page - Stopped Working?

• 1.  Submit & Redirect to Thank you page - Stopped Working?

Posted 12-31-2021 12:41
    Hi everyone,

I've also opened this as a ticket with QB Support, but I'm wondering if anyone has had a similar experience?

In November, I created a series of EOTI Forms that have a custom 'Submit' button in a Formula URL Field.
    It was my understanding that when the form settings are set to 'Auto Save' when redirected away from the page - that the results are submitted when redirected to a Thank you page.

We tested every form in November, and they all worked and data was submitted successfully.  Our team emailed the 'forms' individually to specific guests we needed feedback from - and not a single one of their replies was recorded.  We tested it again internally yesterday, and none of the replies were recorded.

My Submit code does do the redirect properly - tested it yesterday and it successfully redirects to the Thank You page; but the data is NOT submitted or saved to my form.

Panicking a bit here - as this is urgent for our organization and I'm not understanding what's changed or why the form information is no longer saved when redirected?

My code, for reference is:
     "<a class=\"Vibrant Primary\" style=\"width:310px; background: #2abdbc; text-align: center; font-size: 16px; font-family: Arial, Times, Sans-serif;\" href=\"https-ourQBInternalEOTIThankYouPage" target=_blank><b>Submit</b></a>

Thank you all in advance for any help you can offer! It's very appreciated.
    Jen

------------------------------
    Jennifer Juhasz

• 2.  RE: Submit & Redirect to Thank you page - Stopped Working?

Posted 01-04-2022 17:43
    Hi everyone,

Still looking for a response.  Does anyone know if this no longer functions in QB?  I'm also not getting responses from Customer Support.

Thank you,

Jen

Jennifer Juhasz

• 3.  RE: Submit & Redirect to Thank you page - Stopped Working?

Posted 01-04-2022 17:56
    Edited by Jeff Peterson 01-04-2022 17:57

• 4.  RE: Submit & Redirect to Thank you page - Stopped Working?

Posted 01-04-2022 18:05
    Hi Jennifer,  I'm doing something similar and it still works fine for me.   

Try this code:

var text ButtonWords = "Save and Submit";
    var text URLONE = "https://https-ourQBInternalEOTIThankYouPage&ifv=1";

// Begin button style
    var text bgcolor = "#8ab3d1";
    var text txtcolor = "white";
    var text style = "style=\"text-decoration: none; width: 150px; text-align: center; background:" & $bgcolor & "; border-radius: 5px; padding: 8px 10px; color: " & $txtcolor & "; display: inline-block; font: normal 700 24px/1 \"Calibri\", sans-serif; text-shadow: none;";
    // End button style

"<a class='SaveBeforeNavigating'" & $style & " href=" & $URLONE & ">" & $ButtonWords & "</a>"

Jeff Peterson

• 5.  RE: Submit & Redirect to Thank you page - Stopped Working?

Posted 01-04-2022 18:11
    Edited by Dan Ladner 01-04-2022 18:11
    Yep, I think the class='SaveBeforeNavigating' piece is what's missing in OP's code.

Here's another (very similar, but simpler) example:
    var text rdrURL = "www.redirectPage.com";
    "<a class='SaveBeforeNavigating' href='" & $rdrURL & "'>Submit</a>"​

Dan Ladner

• 6.  RE: Submit & Redirect to Thank you page - Stopped Working?

Posted 01-05-2022 12:23
    Thank you so much - I couldn't get Dan's option to work without Syntax errors (the problem with learning how to do this on the go, without actually having an opportunity to sit and study/learn is a sizeable gap in knowledge on my part);

Jeff's formula works well for me, and test entries are now submitting (thank you!) - one question; I can't seem to increase the font size at all.  Doesn't seem to matter if I list it as bold, bolder, 900, 32px or 64px - it's always the same size.  The original code that I used was one I learned through QB Junkie for the <a class=\"Vibrant Primary\">; but I'm not sure how to call that out.

Suggestions? And thank you - I appreciate it very much - the appearance of the button matters quite a bit to our leadership team.

Jennifer Juhasz

• 7.  RE: Submit & Redirect to Thank you page - Stopped Working?

Posted 01-05-2022 12:29
    I'm no expert, but here are my notes to myself on making buttons. This allows for all kinds of options. I am guessing you can use what i have below in coordination with Jeffs notes. Notice the font-size....that may be all you need but I left all my notes just in case.
    -------------------------

var text URL = Put your URL here

"<a style=\"text-decoration:none; background: #7aace0; border-radius: 1000px; color: #ffffff; display: inline-block; padding: 2px 0px; width:100px; text-align: center; text-shadow: none; border: 1px solid #030404; font-size: 16px; font-family=Times New Roman\"href='"

& $URL
    & "'>Button Text</a>"

//NOTES BELOW

-Text Decoration I haven't used, google it through CSS websites
    - Background uses a hex color, google hex color codes
    - Border Radius curves the corners of the button. 5 is minimal, 1000 is totally rounded
    - Color is text color
    - Display inline-block means it is a button (I think?)
    - Padding: Can be used with 2 or 4 variables. With 2 variables you are setting top/bottom then left/right padding. With 4 variables (2px 2px 5px 5px) you are setting, top,right,bottom, left (start at top and go clockwise)
    - width: use EITHER width or padding typically. Width fixes the width. Could do the same with height if you wanted
    -text-shadow: Ive only used this once, google for exact format. Shadows the text
    - border: thickness of border and border color
    -font-size/family is self explanatory

Mike Tamoush

• 8.  RE: Submit & Redirect to Thank you page - Stopped Working?

Posted 01-05-2022 12:33
    Hi Mike,

This is very much like what I had before for my Save & Submit button:
    "<a class=\"Vibrant Primary\" style=\"width:310px; background: #2abdbc; text-align: center; font-size: 16px; font-family: Arial, Times, Sans-serif;\" href=\"targeturl" target=_blank><b>Submit</b></a>"

But the results ended up not submitting at all even though I have the 'Save on Redirect' option checked.

Jeff's solution works for saving my data - and my CSS code for the button appearance is:
    var text bgcolor = "#2abdbc";
    var text style = "style=\"text-decoration: none; width: 310px; text-align: center; background:" & $bgcolor & "; border-radius: 5px; padding: 8px 10px; color: " & $txtcolor & "; display: inline-block; font: bold 700 32px/1 \"Arial, Times, Sans-serif\", sans-serif; text-shadow: none; font-size: 32px"

But the font 'size' didn't increase to 32px at all - and I'm not sure why.  Thoughts?

Jennifer Juhasz

• 9.  RE: Submit & Redirect to Thank you page - Stopped Working?

Posted 01-05-2022 13:02
    Looks like Jeff has some cool way to set the font to bold and 32 and all that. I dont know that way but I suspect it is messing things up. As a test remove the entire font bold 700 32px part, and see if it works, just to see if that is the issue.

Mike Tamoush

• 10.  RE: Submit & Redirect to Thank you page - Stopped Working?

Posted 01-05-2022 13:26
    Hi Mike,

No - removing that still keeps my font small...  here's a screenshot with the code:
    var text bgcolor = "#2abdbc";
    var text style = "style=\"text-decoration: none; width: 310px; text-align: center; background:" & $bgcolor & "; border-radius: 5px; padding: 8px 10px; color: " & $txtcolor & "; display: inline-block; font: \"Arial, Times, Sans-serif\", sans-serif; text-shadow: none; font-size: 32px";

Jennifer Juhasz

• 11.  RE: Submit & Redirect to Thank you page - Stopped Working?

Posted 01-05-2022 13:31
    Edited by Laura Thacker IDS 01-05-2022 13:32
    Change your Style to:

style='text-decoration: none; width: 310px; text-align: center; background:" & $bgcolor & "; border-radius: 5px; padding: 8px 10px; color: " & $txtcolor & "; display: inline-block; font: \"Arial, Times, Sans-serif\", sans-serif; text-shadow: none; font-size: 32px'

"<a class='Vibrant Success' SaveBeforeNavigating title='' style='text-decoration: none; width: 310px; text-align: center; background:" & $bgcolor & "; border-radius: 5px; padding: 8px 10px; color: " & $txtcolor & "; display: inline-block; font: \"Arial, Times, Sans-serif\", sans-serif; text-shadow: none; font-size: 32px' href=\"" &
    $targeturl
    & "\""
    & ")'>Submit</a>"​

This works for me.

Laura Thacker IDS

• 12.  RE: Submit & Redirect to Thank you page - Stopped Working?

Posted 01-05-2022 13:03
    Edited by Laura Thacker IDS 01-05-2022 13:17
    I was trying to replicate your issue; and I think there is a bug with the class SaveBeforeNavigating not working in some cases.

var text targeturl="https://www.google.com";

"<a target=_blank class='Vibrant Success' SaveBeforeNavigating title='' style='font-size: 32px; display:inline-block; white-space; nowrap; background: #2abdbc; border: 1px solid #2abdbc; text-align: center; font-family: Arial, Times, Sans-serif; text-align:center; text-decoration:none' href=\"" &
    $targeturl
    & "\""
    & ")'>Submit</a>"​
    I got the button the right size/color etc, but the record is not saving before redirect.  I have also noticed this to be a problem when trying to make a SaveBeforeNavigating button do another API_EditRecord before navigating to the redirect location; which possibly means it is suffering the same problem.

Even if I take off the target=_blank (which means new window); I still do not get the save and even though the table is set to auto-save; it does not - it prompts me to leave the site.

Try the updates to the Styling in your formula and see if you're still getting the non-save issue that I am.  If so, submit a support ticket.  I suspect something bigger is going on here.

(I've submitted a ticket #676259 on the inability to do more than one API command when using SaveBeforeNavigating or being able to redirect somewhere else)

Laura Thacker IDS

• 13.  RE: Submit & Redirect to Thank you page - Stopped Working?

Posted 01-05-2022 13:30
    Hi Laura,

Thank you so much for your reply! It is so appreciated to have one of you more experienced QB users validate my understanding that there's a larger issue here; I have an open ticket with QB Support - I started there, initially, because we did receive successful 'Test' entries when I first built these surveys in late November and early December; but then when my team sent them out into the world, none of the replies were recorded.  We found the issue last week, (of course during the holidays); and I opened a ticket right away.

QB has not been tremendously helpful - they insist nothing has changed on their end that would cause the 'Save on Redirect' option to stop working.  

Jeff and Dan's solutions to update my formula to 'Save before Navigating' is working - and that's a relief; though we've lost all the data from last month, hopefully moving forward we have this resolved.

Jennifer Juhasz

• 14.  RE: Submit & Redirect to Thank you page - Stopped Working?

Posted 01-04-2022 18:09
    Yes, I was about to type a very similar thing to Jeff. I thought the auto save should work, but that may only be when calling an API or something, so add  class='SaveBeforeNavigating' command as show by Jeff.

Mike Tamoush