Forum Discussion

ChrisSwirtz
Qrew Cadet
8 years ago

Copied field autofilling from origin field

When building the application I created a handful of fields for entering data and then I was asked to had several more of the same fields so that different versions of the same data could be entered. The fields were empty to begin with but now when you type info into the origin field and tab to the next field, that data automatically fills the copy of the origin field. Can I stop that from happening?

2 Replies

• That seems highly unlikely.  

When you copy a data entry field, it also copies the data in those fields.  It is more likely that you copied fields with data and the new field got the same data - but just once when they were created.  The only way a field can auto populate is if it is a formula field or it is involved with a form rule (or webhooks but i doubt you have those)

Are these auto populating fields in fact formulas fields?
      _anomDiebolt_
      Qrew Elite
      The OP might be referring to the browser's autocomplete feature where text from prior data entry is offered up as possible choices to select from for the current data entry. If this is true, You can turn off the feature with script by dynamically assigning an attribute to the input element:

autocomplete="off