Discussions

View Only
  • 1.  filling a field in a form from another app based on another selection within the form

Posted 11-13-2018 23:52
    I have a form which uses a text multiple choice field to look at aircraft stored in another app based on their tail number (like a serial number). I want another field on the same form to go look at the same app and return the aircraft type so that when I select an aircraft tail number it automatically fills in the type. I would rather not use a list stored in the table the form is on because aircraft change from time to time. Is there a way to do this that won't require saving after selecting the tail number?

• 2.  RE: filling a field in a form from another app based on another selection within the form

Posted 11-14-2018 00:45
    Is the Key field of the Aircraft Master Aircraft table the tail #? 

If so,  you have two choices.

You can make a relationship based on that multiple choice field to the Master Aircraft table  and then look up any fields that you need, and it will act identically to if you had a local list of aircraft.

If you have not done this before I suggest making a copy of you app to practice this first.  Note that you will need to go to the Advanced Properties for the Master table to give this other app permission to create cross app relationships and also note that you need to build the relationship from the child side.

• 3.  RE: filling a field in a form from another app based on another selection within the form

Posted 11-14-2018 01:32
    Ok, I'll give it a shot. I'm already working with copies of the apps I need so no worries about wreaking havoc.

Thanks