Forum Discussion

RyanRyan2
Qrew Assistant Captain
7 years ago

summary field to calculate number of payments

wondering if anyone could break this down into steps. was told i needed to create a summary field that counts the # of payments, so i know how many payments have already been made.

5 Replies

• If you have a relationship and the payments are the child records. Go to the table relationship settings and on the master table side of the relationship click create summary field. Then choose total number of related payments based on some criteria you set, like status equals paid or something. Make sense?
      RyanRyan2
      Qrew Assistant Captain
      Yes, I think I got it the way you described. However, if I want this record not in the master table but in the child record, would the process be the same, just the other way?
      ChuckGrigsby
      Qrew Cadet
      You may be able to create a lookup to that summary field on the child table. Or create a Report Link field on the child table, then let the field filter the report based on some field 
  • Yeah, once you create a summary field on the parent table, you can then (in the same relationship) pull it down to the child table as a lookup field.