Forum Discussion

Lee_SGilmore
Qrew Cadet
6 years ago

Grid Edit Standard Behavior - Related Field using Report to Filter available records only option?

My current users want the ability to use the Grid Edit for their various reports in one table. Those reports have more or less fields displayed based on the report. Additionally, roles won't have access to various fields. Using the Standard Behavior for Grid Edit is very useful in this scenario.

My problem exists where I have to have a specific form created in order to have the drop down selection of a related field to limit the available selections. I want the users to only be able to select "Active Projects". There is no other way (that I'm aware of) to limit the available selection than creating a new Form and then selecting a report for that related field. in the Form Elements section.

If this is my only option, I need to build many forms for each role and report to achieve that is happening with the Standard Behavior. It's like I want to just modify one field in the Standard Behavior and my issues would be solved.

1 Reply

• I had to do this today for an internal application, but only one extra form in my use case. It is the only way that I am aware of, but lets think out of the box.

If you made a connected table with just the active projects within the same application, and used that as your relationship that is selected in grid edits, you would have isolated a list of data for selection. Perhaps you could then use a formula to relate the child to the parent projects table of Active and Non active data, so that you retain a relationship to the project once it is no longer active. That is a way to solve for this, but in my opinion this takes just as much management as the multiple forms and assignments to grid edits.