Forum Discussion

AnnGladstone1
Qrew Member
6 years ago

Is there a way to tell when a field was created?

I am trying to track down when a field was added to a QB table. I don't see a date in any of the field properties.

2 Replies

• Perhaps you have audit logs on your account, that may be able to tell you if it was recent. You may also try to ask quickbase help to find out when a specific field was created, if they have that data in the back end.

For starters, what is the field ID and is it the latest field ID created in that table, or is it somewhere in the middle? That would tell you if it is a recently created field in respect to the other field development in the application.

let me know if that helps.
  • Hi Ann,

Currently we do not capture the date a field was created in the field properties. Structure changes like that aren't audited like record creation is via date created or date modified fields. If this is a feature that would help you with the administration of your Quick Base application I would suggest adding it as feedback to our User Voice. The Quick Base User voice can most easily be accessed from the My Apps page in Quick Base by clicking on the orange Feedback tab that appears on the right of the page or at http://quickbase.uservoice.com by signing in with your Quick Base credentials. User Voice is utilized by our PD team as a tool to measure customer interest in a new feature or enhancement for future development. 

If you do make a User Voice request for including date created in a field's properties I would suggest posting a link to that User Voice request here in Community. That way Community members that share your need can add their votes as well. Thank you very much for your time today.