Discussions

View Only
  • 1.  Send email notifications to multiple users on record addition/modification

Posted 06-14-2017 15:10
    Hi All,

Table and relationships:
    Task Table- Each task can be of one of the types as mentioned in the task type table
    Task Types- 5-6 kinds of different task types.

What am I trying to achieve?
    Every time a task of a certain task type is created, all the users associated with that task type get a notification. At any point there will be about 6/7 users associated with each task type.How do I achieve this?

Any help is appreciated.
    Thank you

• 2.  RE: Send email notifications to multiple users on record addition/modification

Posted 06-15-2017 05:52
    The quickest/dirtiest way to get this done would be to have a user-list field on the "Task Type" table.  Then when that type is selected, it can bring all those users over as a lookup field.

Then the notification can be sent to those "users" when a task is added.

It will be dynamic to the users assigned to the task type.  Then those lists can always be changed without having to modify the notification.

• 3.  RE: Send email notifications to multiple users on record addition/modification

Posted 06-15-2017 14:04
    Thanks for the response Matthew.
    So, I've done exactly as you mentioned in the first part. 
    However, what I am struggling with is how do u send notifications to a User-List Lookup field?

• 4.  RE: Send email notifications to multiple users on record addition/modification

Posted 06-15-2017 14:21
    It this a question of how to use the table setting to set up the notifications?  or are you stuck somewhere else?

• 5.  RE: Send email notifications to multiple users on record addition/modification

Posted 06-15-2017 17:43
    The user-List lookup field doesn't show up in the 'Notify Whom' dropdown in table notification settings.

• 6.  RE: Send email notifications to multiple users on record addition/modification

Posted 06-16-2017 05:14
    Is this a brand new notification, or are you modifying an existing notification.

Sometimes the 'type' of notification can be the hang up point.

But it should be there... hmmm

• 7.  RE: Send email notifications to multiple users on record addition/modification

Posted 06-19-2017 14:08
    Thank you Matthew for your help. This works like a charm :)