Forum Discussion

LukasLukas
Qrew Trainee
10 years ago

pull in data from a QuickBase app into Excel

How can I write a vba code within an excel spreadsheet to pull in data from a QuickBase app. Goal: e.g. Field 1 into Cell A1, Field 2 into Cell B2.

Cheers,

Lukas

11 Replies

• If you used the QuNect ODBC driver, you can custom build reports in Excel that use QuNect to export the data in the format you have built. www.qunect.com (30 day free trial).
  • Thank you for your fast answer, Laura. Is there a way without external drivers or plugins?
  • I would have to leave the answer to that question to the rest of the expert community....
      MannyCruz
      Qrew Assistant Captain
      I know this is a really old post, but I am trying to use this and it just says "Host Name Unknown" but the quickbase Domain is correct...
  • Thank you Ken for your code. I work with mac and therefore excel for mac 2011. Opening your file after enabling macros shows: Compile error in hidden module:QuickBase. Any ideas?
    I suppose your code would be very useful as far as i concern, reading the instruction file.
    Cheers, Lukas
  • Hi Ken. Is there any other way you can share the document, My company's firewalls block Google Docs
  • Hi Ken.  Great code.  when I try to save to an existing workbook get the message 'Invalid destination Excel workbook name". I used the choose existing workbook button on the QB download tool.