Forum Discussion

AndrewOrner
Qrew Cadet
6 years ago

Perform automation action on trigger record

I've become a big fan of Automations following the NYC Community Summit last week, but having trouble with one component. 

Case: User opens Table A Record 1 and changes value in Field  'Trigger Status' to 'Initiate'; this change in record triggers 4 actions in the the automation. As a 5th action, I'd like to change the 'Trigger Status' value in Table A Record 1 to 'Complete'. This would let non-admin users know that the automation was successful. 

Is there a way to perform an automation action on the trigger record?

3 Replies

• Indeed there is.
    The last step in the Automations can edit records and select the parent table itself.  A filter should be available that the Trigger Record ID# field  = the [Record ID#],

ie only edit the trigger record.
  • That makes sense- thanks!! Now I'm encountering something odd- the field dropdown list for 'the value in the field...' is only showing a few options, and Record ID# is not in the dropdown. Any thoughts? Screenshot attached
  • Issue resolved- criteria should be set to modify records where Record ID# is equal to the value Trigger: Record ID# 

In my case, trigger an action on a record in the Web Form Submissions table when that same record is modified.