Forum Discussion

AngelRodriguez
Qrew Assistant Captain
2 years ago
Solved

Pipeline trigger(s) based on formula field changes

I've been trying to run a Pipeline that is triggered based on formula field changes but the triggers don't seem to fire the Pipeline.

For instance, I have a numeric formula field that changes daily based on a recommended frequency value - the days since last activity, e.g. [Recommended Frequency] - [Days Since Last Activity] = 1, tomorrow will equal 0 so the field changes but the Pipeline does not trigger.  My advanced query is looking for this change.  Field ID 181 is the formula field: {'181'.EX.'0'}.

I also have a checkbox formula field that is super simple where it looks to see if the next preventative maintenance date is equal to today, e.g. [Next PM Date] = Today(), then true, else false.

Now I've tried triggering based on either condition once they change, but the Pipeline doesn't seem to pick up on either change.  Is it that Pipelines just don't trigger on formula field changes?

------------------------------
AR
  • No, Pipelines, Webhooks and Automations only trigger when a record is EDITED and saved.  Not simply though changes based on the passage of time, like today becomes tomorrow, or via a field changing n a parent record and a lookup or summary field changing.

Mark Shnier (Your Quickbase Coach)
    mark.shnier@gmail.com

2 Replies

• No, Pipelines, Webhooks and Automations only trigger when a record is EDITED and saved.  Not simply though changes based on the passage of time, like today becomes tomorrow, or via a field changing n a parent record and a lookup or summary field changing.

Mark Shnier (Your Quickbase Coach)
    mark.shnier@gmail.com
      AngelRodriguez
      Qrew Assistant Captain
      Thanks Mark!

AR