Discussions

View Only
  • 1.  API-Import from CSV and email notification

Posted 08-17-2017 13:55
    I have a table that mirrors another table using sync on an hourly schedule. If the value in a particular cell changes after syncing, I have a webhook using API-ImportFrom CSV that checks a box in another table. Upon the checking of that box I have an email notification going out. My impression was that import from CSV makes the changes one by one, which should mean that single record notifications should go out. In my case here, multi record notifications are being sent.
    Any thoughts?

• 2.  RE: API-Import from CSV and email notification

Posted 08-17-2017 14:32
    I believe that import from CSV is a multi record operation as opposed to API_AddRecord which is one by one.  In your case, maybe the sync is syncing slowly and in effect they are updating one by one, but maybe the import from CSV is considered to be a multi record operation even if there is only 1 record in the Import.

Maybe try the AddRecord API.

• 3.  RE: API-Import from CSV and email notification

Posted 08-17-2017 14:35
    Forgot to mention the fact that I am using Repeat on and repeat off

Below is the code

<qdbapi>
    <udata>mydata</udata>
     <usertoken>XXX</usertoken>
    <apptoken>XXX</apptoken>
       <records_csv>
          <![CDATA[
    %RepeatOn%
    [Record ID#2.csv],[Send Daily DFR Notification.csv],[Now.csv]
    %RepeatOFF%
          ]]>
       </records_csv>
       <clist>3.193.185</clist>
    </qdbapi>

• 4.  RE: API-Import from CSV and email notification

Posted 08-18-2017 13:42
    so, I tested the API_AddRecord. Unfortunately, this one only adds one record, even though multiple records have changed as a result of the table sync.
    I'm really stumped...
    The API_import from CSV ads the records in the app, but the notification will go as a multi record and the API_Add Record won't add all the records.

Anyone else has any ideas? Maybe some javascript? Dan D?