Forum Discussion

_anomDiebolt_
Qrew Elite
7 years ago

DeepBase

We have successfully connected QuickBase with Jupyter Notebooks using Julia and are calling the effort DeepBase. DeepBase will give you unprecedented access to sophisticated technologies and modern buzz words such as:
  • Big Data Analysis
  • Machine Learning
  • Artificial Intelligence
  • Predictive Analytics
  • Business Intelligence
If you have the need to visualize, analyze or predict based on your QuickBase data DeepBase is for you.

Julia is an amazing new programming language (open source) that combines the power of high level languages like R (statistics), Matlab (scientific and engineering) and Python (general purpose programming and data analytics ) with the speed of C.

Julia is a high-level, high-performance dynamic programming language for numerical computing. It provides a sophisticated compiler, distributed parallel execution, numerical accuracy, and an extensive mathematical function library.
https://julialang.org/

Our interface between QuickBase and Julia is through the amazing Jupyter Notebooks (open source) which provides an interactive web based environment.

The Jupyter Notebook is an open-source web application that allows you to create and share documents that contain live code, equations, visualizations and narrative text. Uses include: data cleaning and transformation, numerical simulation, statistical modeling, data visualization, machine learning, and much more.
http://jupyter.org/

I can tell you without a doubt that this is the most exciting thing I have ever done with QuickBase and the potential implications are massive.

3 Replies

• Any examples of functionality available for the user masses? AI and machine learning are becoming hot topics around here.
  • I have a python decision tree model, written in Jupyter Notebook, that I'm looking to implement in a Quickbase environment.  Have you seen this done before? Did linking Jupyter Notebook and QB require Julia?  I'm extremely interested in seeing more.  Thanks for sharing!

• This thread says it doesn't need a response so I'm posting in the form of a question to see if I can alter that:  Do you know how I can connect my Jupyter Notebook with Quickbase for the purpose of running a Python model?