Forum Discussion

nitinbisht
Qrew Member
5 years ago

Access Reference lookup Field Value

Hi, @Mark Shnier (YQC)

I have two tables Table A and Table B.  I want to access the Field of Table B with it's value in Table A. I made a Table-to-table-relationship and was able to access the  lookup field but it is displayed as a drop down in Form of Table A ( As shown in attached snapshot).  Is there a way where in i could directly display lookup Field value in Table A form.

Scenario
Table B will always have Single Record with 2 fields and i want to access that field value directly in all the Records in Table A.  Because in Table A i need to trigger certain logic if the Table A ( some field date range  is between two fields of Table B).

------------------------------
nitin bisht

2 Replies

• Nitin, in future, it may help you to receive responses in this forum if you use actual names for your tables instead of calling them Table A and Table B.  It just may allow you to better explain you question.

I will restate how I am interpreting your question.

"I would like to enter two date fields for PayStart and PayEnd onto a single record in a table with just 1 record and have those two date values be looked up onto every record in my other table which is called payroll entries."

Step 1. Create the single record with the the two dates fields and observe the Record ID#.  It is likely [Record ID#] of 1.

Step 2. Make a formula Numeric field on the payroll entries table with a formula of 1. call it [Link to Payroll Analysis Dates]

Step 3. Create a relationship where One Date Range record has many Payroll entries and lookup the date fields. when you make the relationship use the field you created [Link to Payroll Analysis Dates] as the reference field on the right side of the relationship.

Mark Shnier (YQC)
    Quick Base Solution Provider
    Your Quick Base Coach
    http://QuickBaseCoach.com
    markshnier2@gmail.com
      nitinbisht
      Qrew Member
      Thank Mark,

Thanks for your response, i have tried and i was able to achieve it. Thanks for your response and from future i will try to state clearly the table names instead of A and B.   :)

Regards

nitin bisht