Forum Discussion

ZachCase
Qrew Trainee
6 years ago

API_PurgeRecords on a Connected Table?

Is there a way to delete all the records in a connected table with Webhooks? I am trying to use API_PurgeRecords to accomplish this, however I keep getting Error Code 3 saying:

<action>API_PurgeRecords</action>
<errcode>3</errcode>
<errtext>Insufficient permissions</errtext>
<errdetail>Oops.  You don&#039;t have permission to access that page</errdetail>

I am assuming QuickBase doesn't allow this call on Connected Tables, as the only way I see to delete the data is to use the App Management section... but I really need to be able to delete this records automatically via a webhook instead of manually.

1 Reply

• When you have a connected table you are never allowed to delete records manually or with a API.  The whole point of a sync table is to be in Synch with the source table.  

If your source table was a csv file, then you could load a csv with no records in it, and set the Sync to mirror the csv file exactly ands that would purge the table.  That is the only way I know.

If the source was another type of cloud based source or a Quick Base table, you could adjust the filer on the Sync and set it to a way that would not allow any records in.  That would also purge the table if the Sync was set to mirror the source table as opposed to add to it.