Forum Discussion

SarahClark
Qrew Cadet
6 years ago

automation doesn't trigger with save and keep working

I'm new to automation, so I'm hoping there's an easy fix to this that I just haven't found yet.
I created an automation to add a record in a child table.
If I "save and close" the parent record, then the next time I go in, I see the child.
However, if I use "save and keep working," this doesn't happen.

5 Replies

• The likelihood with this is that your Save & keep working refresh is happening faster than the automation is creating the child.  If you refresh a few seconds after the Save & keep working redirect; you will probably see the child-record show up.  I have numerous apps where I have a separate "refresh" button on the form to enable users to refresh easily so any automated actions show up in the parent record.  If this is not the case; then you may need to submit a support ticket.
  • I was experiencing this same issue.  Not at first, but it "suddenly" started to happen and couldn't figure out why.   I finally realized that it started happening when I changed the Performance options under Settings > App Properties > Advanced settings > Performance options, by checking the "Load all embedded reports on a form when the form loads" checkbox.  I went back into settings and unchecked the box and the automation to add child records functions like it did before, without having to refresh the page again.