Forum Discussion

MikeKlausing
Qrew Assistant Captain
5 years ago

Background image on form (IOL)

I want my form to have a background color/image or style and I am trying to follow this post: Discussionshttps://community.quickbase.com/communities/community-home/digestviewer/viewthread?GroupId=103&MID=30643&CommunityKey=d860b0f8-6a48-487b-b346-44c47a19a804&tab=digestviewer

This is my code page 
$("#bodyTable").css("backgroundColor", "Red");
alert("Testing of alerts was successful");

Everything works up to that point where I have red in the background but it looks bad. I am trying to get it to look more like this also found in the article but am unsure what code that is. 

Any suggestions on what to change to get closer to the above image. Or anything that can clean up this look with the red background?

------------------------------
Mike Klausing

3 Replies

• That code is considerable valuable, thus why they can't just give it away.

You will need to develop your own custom code, all they use is CSS to style the page (into a nice view). 
    https://www.w3schools.com/css/

You need to track down the page elements you want to change and write code for each element. You will need to be familiar with using dev tools F12 to view elements and find IDs to target. 
    $("#sect_s2").css("backgroundColor", "lightgray");​
    $("#sect_s2").css("border-radius", "25px");​
    $("#sect_s2").css("padding", "20px");​

Everett Patterson
  • The original code used 'background-color', but your syntax has "backgroundColor". Try changing to the other syntax.

Adam Keever
    MikeKlausing
    Qrew Assistant Captain

Adam,

Either option works for me. I was more wondering what he may have been using to get the other image where he had grey borders/sections throughout his form, where "background-color" leave is looking blotchy.

Thank you,
    Mike Klausing

------Original Message------

I want my form to have a background color/image or style and I am trying to follow this post: Discussionshttps://community.quickbase.com/communities/community-home/digestviewer/viewthread?GroupId=103&MID=30643&CommunityKey=d860b0f8-6a48-487b-b346-44c47a19a804&tab=digestviewer

This is my code page 
    $("#bodyTable").css("backgroundColor", "Red");
    alert("Testing of alerts was successful");

Everything works up to that point where I have red in the background but it looks bad. I am trying to get it to look more like this also found in the article but am unsure what code that is. 

Any suggestions on what to change to get closer to the above image. Or anything that can clean up this look with the red background?

Mike Klausing