Forum Discussion

AllisonWatson
Qrew Member
2 years ago

Bulk Photo Download

Here is my situation:  I have installers in the field who upload completion photos to a "photos" table.  The project managers in the office need to be able to download these photos to our network.  Is there an easy way to download them all at once?  I tried a pipeline, but it looked like the only option for file attachments was to upload them.
Thanks!

------------------------------
Allison Watson

2 Replies

• There are safe to use Browser Extensions to do this.  The user interfaces are not very friendly, but in my experience, the least worst is Down Them All.

Here is a link for the Chrome version.
    https://chrome.google.com/webstore/detail/downthemall/nljkibfhlpcnanjgbnlnbjecgicbjkge?hl=en

The tool sniffs out anything on the whole web page which looks like a file attachment or image.  That leads to extra junk getting selected for download such as native Quickbase icons on the page.

My solution for my users was  to give them a button to click to run a report with a suffix of &ifv=1,  and open in new tab.  That suppresses the Quickbase headers.  In my use case they were downloading fields from an embedded child table on a parent record.

URLRoot() & "db/" & [_DBID_ATTACHMENTS] & "?a=q&qid=8&nv=1&v0=" & [Record ID#] 
    & "&ifv=1"

Mark Shnier (Your Quickbase Coach)
    mark.shnier@gmail.com
      MarkShnier__You
      Qrew Champion

just btw, there is an add on from Juiced as well as a native Quickbase solution in the Kirk Trachy Magic Buttons app in the Exchange for mass uploading from say the iPhone camera roll into a child table for say a Project where 1 Project has many file attachment photos.

Mark Shnier (Your Quickbase Coach)
      mark.shnier@gmail.com