Forum Discussion

TineRyming
Qrew Member
5 years ago

Button To View Child Record Report

I would like to add a button that will open a report in a new window, but filtered to show only the related child records.

I get that I can embed the report directly (but I need a report formatted slightly differently than the one that's embedded on the parent record).

I'm having no luck with writing to write the URL code. Here are the specific table, and report info:

Report ID: 5
Table ID: _DBID_PROJECT_DAYS

Please help. I feel like I'm loosing my mind. I've tried the formulas given in various other posts, but nothing seems to be working.

Thanks!

------------------------------
Tine R

2 Replies

• OK, so this is a two step process, but it's easy.

Step 1. Make your perfect report and have an <ask the user> filter on it for Related Parent.  Run the report answer the question and observe the URL.

Step 2. Then like with many tricks in Quick Base,  we just need a formula to mimic that URL.  Note, I will be assuming here that the DBID you gave is to the child table.

Here we go for the URL button formula

URLRoot() & "db/" & [_DBID_PROJECT_DAYS] & ?"a=q&qid=99&nv=1&v0=" & [Related Parent]

Replace 99 with the Report #. 

ā€‹

Mark Shnier (YQC)
    Quick Base Solution Provider
    Your Quick Base Coach
    http://QuickBaseCoach.com
    mark.shnier@gmail.com
    BradLemke
    Qrew Assistant Captain
    When you say that you need the report formatted differently than the way it's shown on the record, what do you mean?  Does the 'full report' button at the top-left of the embedded report not show you what you need?

Brad Lemke