Forum Discussion

VivekVishwanat2
Qrew Cadet
5 years ago

Can Change in formula field trigger a Notification?

Hi, 
I have Created a Notification field, which has to be triggered every day. So I created a Today() field(a Formula-date field). --> Whenever Today() field Changes, trigger a Notification.

But, This is not working. --> I suppose Quickbase is not considering the change in the Formula field as a Change to trigger the Notification.

Please Help me in this situation.

Thanks

------------------------------
Vivek Vishwanath

6 Replies

• Right, an email Notification will only Fire when a record is edited not via the passage of time or the change in a  lookup or Summary field. 

Instead, you will need to make a Subscription report of qualifying records to be delivered daily, weekly or monthly. You can also use Reminders, which also will be evaluated each day..

Mark Shnier (YQC)
    Quick Base Solution Provider
    Your Quick Base Coach
    http://QuickBaseCoach.com
    markshnier2@gmail.com
      SrinathM_R2
      Qrew Member
      Hi Mark, 

I have a similar situation where in when a formula checkbox is checked a notification needs to be sent out. This formula compares 2-time stamps in the same table and if the duration is greater than certain time the checkbox is check and I need to send a notification during that time. What can I do to achieve that?

Srinath MR
        MarkShnier__You
        Icon for Qrew Legend rankQrew Legend
        QuickBase cannot natively send out email notifications based on formula Fields which changed due to the passage of time. 

The only native tool we have in QuickBase which can run things based on a certain time of day is a pipeline. You could probably contrive a pipe line that would run every hour (Well in fact, you would have to create your perfect pipeline and then copy it eight or nine times to cover every hour of the day)  And this would then need to update records which are past due in order to trigger an email.

Mark Shnier (YQC)
        Quick Base Solution Provider
        Your Quick Base Coach
        http://QuickBaseCoach.com
        mark.shnier@gmail.com