Forum Discussion

MichaelTamoush
Qrew Captain
4 years ago

Can't scroll to bottom of the page in some scenarios

There is some sort of bug/glitch that I cannot pinpoint, and I am hoping someone at least knows the culprit.

Sometimes, when trying to scroll to the bottom of a report (or the most common scenario for me is when I am making lookup/summary fields and I have a somewhat long list already), the browser screen will not let me scroll down to the last few lines. It scrolls down but then 'bounces' back up a little.

My best guess is it happens when a report or screen is 'slightly longer' than the screen itself.

Possibly browser specific, as one employee had it only happen on firefox and not chrome, but then it happened on both broswers for me, so maybe not?

Could be due to browser, monitor, Quickbase...I have no idea. I can't even pinpoint when it happens.

Anyone know what I am talking about, and have any tips?

------------------------------
Mike Tamoush

4 Replies

• I don't know exactly what is going on, but I have experienced this myself many times. This has to be a bug, right? What I usually do when I run into this is open the developer console. It extends the scroll bar by a little bit usually and fixes the problem temporarily. I've never submitted a support ticket or Uservoice idea on the matter, though.

Justin Torrence
    Quickbase Expert, Jaybird Technologies
    jtorrence@jaybirdtechnologies.com
    https://www.jaybirdtechnologies.com/#community-post
      MichaelTamoush
      Qrew Captain
      Another temporary solution is to minimize the window height (just make the height of your browser window less than the max), then it scrolls just fine.

Mike Tamoush
  • Hi Mike,

The page loads but does not scroll to the bottom. It is present often in the admin pages. Typical when the very last record is at or below the edge of the browser window. Using the scroll on a mouse creates this bouncy affect as the page keeps putting the view back to a point about 10% above the bottom (margins?). Grabbing the sidebar slider, click and drag the slider down to overcome the scroll problem.

If you add a UserVoice, please paste the link here and I will Vote for it.

Jim

Jim Harrison
    transparency = knowledge + understanding : The Scrum Dudes
      MichaelTamoush
      Qrew Captain
      Thanks Jim. I can sometimes overcome it with the sidebar slider, other times not. Also discovered if you zoom in or out (ctrl, shift, +/-) you can overcome it. So it has something to do with the length being just at the right spot to cause a bit of chaos. When I have time Ill post to user voice and let you know.

Mike Tamoush