Forum Discussion

RebeccaRebecca
Qrew Trainee
7 years ago

Column details not available for Default Reports?

After the update, I noticed that most reports allow for column details, like renaming the column header and justification of text; however, it appears that this is not available for default reports. Was this intentional or an oversight? With the massive amount of bugs and issues, I would hope it was an oversight. Consistency is key! 

4 Replies

• This release was a change in the UI and not meant to be new functionality. The ability to set default column overrides and Text justification was not in scope for this release. Not saying it�s not a good idea, but that was never said to be part of this release.
  • Hi Rebecca,

Mark is correct this release didn't focus on making any changes to those options you are referencing. Those options have existed for some time in Quick Base to allow specific reports to be further customized. They aren't available on table home pages that are still set to Default Reporting instead of being customized or on the table home page itself. It is possible to build a report that is set to the Defaults with no filters and make it your table home page, then when you want to rename columns you would open up and edit the report that you are basing your table home page on. Those options just live within the report itself. 
  • Thank you! I guess I never realized this functionality existed previously until everything was forced center. 
  • I'm glad the information was helpful. It is one of those features that is hidden down there in the fine details on those reports but can be handy for customizing a report for specific users or purposes.