Forum Discussion

CIAdmin
Qrew Member
4 years ago

Conditional Drop-Down Help: Display Same Choice for More Than 1 Condition

I'm going to try to explain the basics of what I'm trying to accomplish with a simpler example than what I'm actually working with. Let me know if you would like more details, but I think my question can be answered with the simplified example below.

Let's say I have three tables: Projects, Service Appointments, and Choices. The relationships are as follows:

One Project has many Service Appointments
One Choice has many Service Appointments

I created the last relationship so I could make a conditional drop-down field where only certain choices show up for a particular service appointment depending on the project. For now, I'm avoiding relating Projects to Choices until we find out if this is part of the solution.

Let's just say the conditional drop-down field is "Status" and we have two projects. For Project 1 the options for our "Status" field are Active and Complete, and for Project 2, the options for "Status" are Active and Cancelled.

I want Active to show up as options for both projects. However, I don't want to have to make two records in the Choices table to complete this because I want the choice text (Active, Complete, Cancelled, etc.) to be the key field to allow for easy importing.

So the main question is this: Is there a way for me to allow one record to show up as an option for a conditional drop-down for multiple conditions? In this case, we want the status of Active to show up for both Project 1 and Project 2.

------------------------------
Brian
------------------------------
No RepliesBe the first to reply