Forum Discussion

AmberAnderson
Qrew Trainee
3 years ago

Conditional Lookup

Hi All, 

I am working with 3 tables and I have a form with 3 drop downs to connect the record to all 3 tables. 
I am trying to find a way to get 2 of the 3 fields to auto populate. 

The field in the Form that is filled out is the child to the table where the other 2 fields are pulled from. I'm hoping to get these 2 fields to auto populate. 

The Image below shows the relationships and the fields they share as well as how the form is set up. 
Any help is greatly appreciated :)

------------------------------
Amber Anderson

8 Replies

• Amber,
    What you are describing is a typical and proper setup to assign Employees to Projects.

The Employee ID would be a lookup field from the Employees table along with any other lookup fields you like.
    The drop down list of employees can be filtered to only show active Employees, but I'm not understanding your "ask" to have it be filtered for "Active Assignments".

I'm not understanding how the drop down list for Projects could auto populate based on the employee selection since the setup you have looks to be the place where employees are assigned to projects.

Mark Shnier (YQC)
    Quick Base Solution Provider
    Your Quick Base Coach
    http://QuickBaseCoach.com
    mark.shnier@gmail.com
      AmberAnderson
      Qrew Trainee
      Hi Mark, 

I can get the drop downs to reflect what I need ( Active assignments and such) 
      What I am stuck with is when I select the drop down for the appropriate active assignment, I want to have the fields Employee ID (pulled from the Employee Table)  and Project to auto populate. 

Essentially I need the record I am creating to also link to those tables  and not just the Assignment table. 

I hope that makes more sense :)

Amber Anderson
        MarkShnier__You
        Icon for Qrew Legend rankQrew Legend
        The way to do that is to add more lookup fields to the relationships, to lookup those values down to the Assignment record.

Mark Shnier (YQC)
        Quick Base Solution Provider
        Your Quick Base Coach
        http://QuickBaseCoach.com
        mark.shnier@gmail.com