Forum Discussion

BenBen
Qrew Trainee
7 years ago

CopyMasterDetail Looping Error Due to Report Link Field

I'm getting the "does not allow looping relationships" error using the copy button even though there is no looping relationship set-up. It appears to be caused by a field by a report link field in the parent (see attached). Once I delete the report link copy button it works fine.

5 Replies

• Is there any chance that you have to report link fields? If you have to report link field that is one of the many reasons why the copy master detail will fail.
      BenBen
      Qrew Trainee
      Yes, it appears a report link was created when the relationship was created. I had forgotten about that. Since I can just use that to create the embedded reports I'm all set, thanks.
      QuickBaseCoachD
      Qrew Captain
      I gather that despite my dictated post saying "to" instead of "two", you figured out what I meant.
  • Hi, I'm getting the same error message, not sure why though.... Any ideas? Basically just trying to copy a grandparent record along with one child record and multiple grandchildren.
      QuickBaseCoachD
      Qrew Captain
      It is hard to diagnose without seeing all your relationships and report link fields.  maybe Support can help.