Forum Discussion

AaronB
Qrew Trainee
6 months ago

Create a record using a Pipeline, then automatically open a Form containing that new record

I have a button that triggers a pipeline.

The pipeline creates a new record.

Is there a way to automatically open a form with that new record when the pipeline is finished?

I have searched this forum and the internet in general without finding anything that makes it look like this is possible. 

------------------------------
Aaron B
ab1692@att.com

10 Replies

• Hello Aaron, I was able to do this with the help of a couple of pages of code and a table to control the status of the pipeline execution. But it is not a functionality that exists in quickbase.

Marcelo Benavides Torres

marbentor@gmail.com

Marcelo Benavides
      AaronB
      Qrew Trainee

Thanks for affirming this Marcelo. 

Aaron B
      ab1692@att.com
        ChayceDuncan
        Qrew Captain

What specifically do you have the Pipeline doing? If you're able to go the code page route per Marcelo's comment - you can instead just have the code page handle the record creation and redirect to the new record upon completion. The Quickbase API will return the new record ID and a simple window.location.replace will take you there.

If the Pipeline is more complex and doing more than just creating the record you may need something more elegant, but if it's just an add record and redirect you can consider getting rid of the pipeline in favor of a simple code page. 

Chayce Duncan