Forum Discussion

QBAdmin11
Qrew Trainee
5 years ago

create report with Summary fields

Hello,
I have 4 tables (Projects, Payments, Students, Patents)
Payments, Students ans Patents are related to Projects.

There are several payments done, students involved, patent applications filed during each active fiscal years of the Project.

I have to report to do for each fiscal year period : One line per project, with payments amount done, number of students involved, number of patents filed during a specific Fiscal year.

Can I create a report like that without create Summary fields for each Fiscal Year but having a report which the fiscal year is a parameter specified into the report (similar to "ask the user" but for all Summary fields)?

Thanks,

------------------------------
Karen

2 Replies

• The least effort method would be to set up a new table with a single record. It will be [Record ID#] = 1. The table might be called Reporting Year.  Create 1 numeric field for the Year and create 1 record and then block all Roles, even Admin form adding or deleting records.'

Then set up a Relationships to the tables with your details data where the reference field is a formula field that calculates to 1.

Then look up that Focus Year and make your summary fields based on a filter the Year of the detail matching the Focus Reporting Year.

Mark Shnier (YQC)
    Quick Base Solution Provider
    Your Quick Base Coach
    http://QuickBaseCoach.com
    mark.shnier@gmail.com
      QBAdmin11
      Qrew Trainee
      Thank for the quick reply
      I will try this.