Forum Discussion

8 Replies

• In the settings of a homepage you can create a button bar. Those buttons can go to a link, report, or page. If you wanted to add a count or run any query on the home page and add that to the button you may need custom code. 
      WilliamSelvage
      Qrew Trainee
      Thank you Chuck,

I think a custom code option is the way to go.

I have successfully embedded an HTML page on the Quickbase home page that includes the buttons I want.

Where I am having difficulties is with using the response from API_GetNumRecords.

After that I then have to figure out how to apply a filter to the API call.

Any experience?

ChuckGrigsby
      Qrew Cadet
      Ok I think you just want to use API_DoQuery instead of API_GetNumRecords. That will just return the total records of a table. An example is below though it's not tested. For Query or (q) in the code. You would place something like this given 25 is the field ID for a field called status and one of the values is Open
      var q = "{25.EX.'Open'}"

$.get(dbidTracts, {
                              act: "API_DoQuery",
                              query: q,
                              clist: clist
                          }, function(xml) {
      $("#openBtn").html("Open Tickets (" +xml.length + ")");
      })

You're welcome to reach out directly if you have any questions with custom coding issues. Chuck@Chuck.Support or if this solution resolves your issue and you're feeling gratuitous , chuck.support/donate

Take care and good luck! 
      _
      WilliamSelvage
      Qrew Trainee
      Hello Chuck,

I have tried experimenting with this but am not sure I know where to start. Were is the table referenced in this code?