Forum Discussion

AlexCouts1
Qrew Trainee
10 months ago

Data Points Appear in Table but Do Not Appear in Email Notification

Hello all, 

Context: I am a new hire patching holes in an existing QB system. 

Situation: Currently, we have a table that holds all job records that we have taken on. This table uses formulas to create a Rich Text field that will contain high level information about the job. 

List("/n","<span style=\"color: #3A55A5\"><b> Name: </b></span>" &[Customer Database - First Name]&" "&[Customer Database - Last Name],

"<span style=\"color: #3A55A5\"><b>Job Number:</b></span>" &[Job Number #],

"<span style=\"color: #3A55A5\"><b>Loss Date:</b></span>" &[Loss Date],

"<span style=\"color: #3A55A5\"><b>Job Address: </b></span>" &[Job Address: Street 1],

[Job Address: City]&", "&[Job Address: State/Region]&" "& [Job Address: Postal Code])

On the table, these values populate no problem. When there is a new job added an email is sent out containing the information from this column for that record. However, in the email notification that users are receiving, the data does not populate with the exception of 'Loss Date'. Additionally, if I try to reference the data specifically in the email template they do not populate either...

<div class="InfoContainer" id="JobInformationContainer" style="height: 100%; width: 70%; border-bottom: 2px dashed #3A55A5; display: flex; flex-direction: column; align-items: start; justify-content: space-around;">
<h1 class="Container__title" id="JobInformation_title" style="font-size: 18px; font-weight: 800; color: #3A55A5;">Job Information</h1>

<div class="Container__pointContainer" style="height: 100%; width: 100%; margin: 1% 0 1% 0; display: flex; align-items: start; justify-content: space-evenly;">
<p class="pointContainer__label" style="width: 35%; font-weight: 800; color: #3A55A5; text-decoration: underline; text-align: start;">Customer Name:</p>

<p class="pointContainer__data" style="width: 65%; font-weight: 600; color: #000000; text-decoration: none;">[Customer Name]</p>
</div>

<div class="Container__pointContainer" style="height: 100%; width: 100%; margin: 1% 0 1% 0; display: flex; align-items: start; justify-content: space-evenly;">
<p class="pointContainer__label" style="width: 35%; font-weight: 800; color: #3A55A5; text-decoration: underline; text-align: start;">Job Number:</p>

<p class="pointContainer__data" style="width: 65%; font-weight: 600; color: #000000; text-decoration: none;">[Job Number #]</p>
</div>

<p class="pointContainer__label" style="width: 35%; font-weight: 800; color: #3A55A5; text-decoration: underline; text-align: start;">Loss Date:</p>

<p class="pointContainer__data" style="width: 65%; font-weight: 600; color: #000000; text-decoration: none;">[Loss Date]</p>
</div>

<div class="Container__pointContainer" style="height: 100%; width: 100%; margin: 1% 0 1% 0; display: flex; align-items: start; justify-content: space-around;">
<p class="pointContainer__label" style="width: 35%; font-weight: 800; color: #3A55A5; text-decoration: underline; text-align: start;">Job Location:</p>

<p class="pointContainer__data" style="width: 65%; font-weight: 600; color: #000000; text-decoration: none;">[Job Address]</p>
</div>
</div>

Weirdest of all, the data will partially populate for the Job Number # field, listing something like "JOB-000-WTR" where the type (WTR) appears appropriately at the end, but the actual ID number is consistently all 0's? 

Any help or guidance on where else to look that could cause these issues would be much appreciated. 

------------------------------
Alex Couts

8 Replies

• Can you confirm that you have security setup so that these uses can actually see the underlying Job Data? If the user does not have access to the data through their current role they will not see the underlying data in the email unless you make it an 'Open' Notification.

Chayce Duncan
      AlexCouts1
      Qrew Trainee

I didn't think of this dimension. As a developer I have access to see everything here and I am still not seeing it in the notifications. The others receiving these emails should also have pretty 'high clearance' for most of the information so I don't think access is causing the problem here. 

Where do I go about making the notification open? I do not see an option for that on the notification editing screen?

Alex Couts
        ChayceDuncan
        Qrew Captain

If thats the route you're going you would need to create a new version of the notification and during the setup / create process there first input is to send to a recipient (current users) or open (any email you input)

If you're sending to recipient Quickbase will identify the access that user has and show data where applicable. Open emails are a little less restricted. Everything else in your setup will be the same more or less, unfortunately that setting can't be changed for already created notifications. 

Chayce Duncan